LJWG Annual Conference 2020
Your role in eliminating hepatitis C in London
The 2020 LJWG annual conference was held on the 27th January 2020 in Westminster and brought together over 200 hepatologists, drugs service staff, peer support workers, commissioners, public health specialists, nurses, pharmacists and others to discuss how London can achieve its ambition of eliminating hepatitis C. With speakers from the Greater London Authority, Institute of Global Health, NHS England, Public Health England, NHS Substance Misuse Provider Alliance, the Hepatitis C Trust and many others, the day provided a fantastic space for challenge, solution-finding, and networking.
2020 SLIDES AND INFO
Please follow the links for information on the talks and workshops from the day:
- Chair’s Welcome Message
- Prof Graham Foster – State of the nation: Where are we now?
- Vicky Hobart London – Eliminating hepatitis C as part of the Mayor of London’s Health Inequalities Strategy
- Prof Kevin Fenton – Learning from HIV
- Emma Burke – What’s happening on the ground in London?
- Dr Magdalena Harris – Harm reduction: A crucial component of elimination
- Prof Jeffrey Lazarus – Effective model of care and monitoring as the cornerstone of HCV elimination
- Dr Werner Leber – Increasing testing in primary care
- Sarah Montague and Rob Allan – Engaging with people experiencing homelessness
- Prof Ashley Brown – Simplifying the pathway: One-step reflex testing in London
- Mark Gillyon-Powell – What’s working in prisons?
- Danny Hames, Louise Hansford and Paul Bagot – The NHS Provider Alliance HCV Programme
- Prof Geoff Dusheiko – Upskilling our workforce with ECHO
- Dr Matthew Foxton – West London ODN update
- Prof Graham Foster – Barts Health ODN update
- Dr Dan Forton – STHepNet update